2008年11月28日星期五

Feeling **

The whole colour project ends!
I feel a little bit released :)
Throughout the whole course, do really learn a lot and see a lot.
I remember our group went to find Robert to discuss our findings on MJ.
At that time I argued with Robert

Me: "To judge whether a design is good or bad, dun u think it is too subjective?
If I dislike the design or the colour use, but there must be someone like it, rite?"

Robert: "Every design can be discussed in a objective way. It is a matter on how much RESEARCH u've done. For example a designer like to use purple, and you must get to know why he/she used it, may be due to the habit of foreign culture, just like Chinese like to use red. Then u can judge how well that purple is used, by comparing it with the past design...
Whenever u judge something, u should proof it with evidence"

True. I've built a chart in recording the colour used in each MJ collection, which can be found in my written report. I spent almost a whole day to make the charts, it is really time-consuming. However, it is worthly to do so because I could find out the trend of MJ's habit on colour. (From my opinion, MJ is good at using khaki and yellowish colours, and he used a lot) And so my final collection worked out! :)
One interesting thing is that many designers (not only MJ) like to make a few outfits in achromatic scheme. So why? may be simply because achromatic colours are easily used and welcome to all people, what I mean is people have higher "acceptability" on achromatic colours.
Like if u ask you mother(aged 39) to wear pink, most likely she will reject u.

So, what I've learnt from the course...hmm...
the colour history? 60s' like to use artificial colour, drugs and disco music brought psychedelic colours to 70s...
or...the psychological representation of colour? like red presenting courage, excitement...
may be... the terms like analogous, complementary, triadic, achromatic...? of course not only terms, but the relationship of colours and how the match them in a appropriate way. I am sure it be helpful for my future development, though I am just a retail student :p

沒有留言: