2008年11月25日星期二

Final Collection * MJ 2009 F/W

Finalized


According to our analysis,
1. Black, white and grey msut appear in each season, especially F/W
2. MJ loves lavender and yellowlish brown
3. Black, white, grey, brown and red appeared most frequently
4. Trend of using metallic colours in MJ's collections
5. F/W usually use less hues
6. Trend of using low value colours in F/W

Therefore, I chose
Black, white, grey, brown, yellowish brown,
lavender and pale pink.




In achromatic scheme


achromatic scheme is easy to use and often appear in designers' collections
so I try to make one

Trial

I tried to use more hues in the trial
however, the whole collection lacks unity
each outfit looks separate
I think I should not use too many hues as I cannot handle well.

Collection sketch


I drew 6 outfits for my collection.
I would like to send out a message of feminine in a elegant and casual way

therefore, in each outfit I try my best to make it "looks" feminine
like adding ruffles, fur, making the one-piece skirt in slim-cut...
knitted fabric and satin are used in some outfits in order to match the concept
one point I would like to highlight is the belt of the 6th outfit
I chose big belt because MJ used it in the collection 2009 S/S
I hope the coming 2009 F/W can be related to the 2009 S/S

Start!

I started to create the collection with only white paper and colour pencil.
as I always make mistakes on free hand colouring
I chose to use photoshop to do it
(ps. I have better skills in using computer haha)

Concept Development

In the very beginning
I really dun know what kind of collection I gotta make
therefore I tried to draw the outfits in different concepts
like school rock revolutionary, Scotland nature , old 60s'...
BUT THEY AIN'T LOOK LIKE MJ'S STYLE!!!
I tried to read MJ's collections once and once
finally my final concept came :) :) :)
I SHOULD DESIGN IT IN A WEARABLE BUT SPECIAL STYLE!
I chose feminine as the main theme

沒有留言: